Work With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Fort Lauderdale goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will instantly act. The first move is to validate your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The guideline they follow is dependent on the kind of emergency. For example, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, a single attempt will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are sent out. In the event of a break-in - the most typical sort of event - a monitoring agent will adhere to these steps to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you through the touchscreen interface. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that doesn’t prompt an answer, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If you still can’t be reached, nearby law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again once emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not able to converse with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Help will still be dispatched even if you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Fort Lauderdale
Stay ready for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Fort Lauderdale from Vivint. Call (954) 287-0437 to start designing your home’s security today.