What to do to cut down on false alarms in Fort Lauderdale
False alarms are a legitimate problem for your home’s security. They're not only a pain to resolve, but they may erode the confidence you have in your equipment. Luckily, you can do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Fort Lauderdale sensors and alarms.
To begin, make sure that your devices connected properly. This process may seem like common sense, but it’s often the case that overlooked mistakes result in false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on likely sources of false alarms, like a back door that may be kept ajar inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to use the various options like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Fort Lauderdale.
Could it be really that easy? Continue on and find out.
Numerous false alarms in Fort Lauderdale can be avoided
When figuring out any concern, the first thing to do is review the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all devices are installed appropriately from your perspective by:
- Running a system analysis via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually check each device to ensure it didn't slip or need fresh batteries.
- Check your preset schedules to be certain that your system isn’t engaging at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all new smart components are installed in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your alarms.
Reach out to your Vivint specialist if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Fort Lauderdale system. They'll be happy to schedule a trained expert to examine your setup.
Investigate your doors and windows
If your configuration appears to be alright, the ensuing course of action is to do a sweep of your residence. Are your windows and doors tightly secured, or are any inadvertently cracked? If an entrance is left unsecured, it could activate a sensor. If it just so happens that your clan consistently fails to shut a door, you might want to implement a smart lock that secures automatically when your system is activated. Unfortunately, windows take additional physical effort, particularly if you have someone who enjoys to fall asleep with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to deactivate that sensor while still guarding the remaining areas of the house.
Smart home automation can be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Fort Lauderdale
One of the smartest techniques to minimize the probability of false alarms is to include home automation into your home security system. With your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms that result from mistakenly opening doors or windows. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again after dark when you’re asleep.
- Program the alarm to deactivate as your smart lock is triggered with the right number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system when you exit the property, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive cell phone notifications when your components notice uncommon activity or have need of a new battery.
- Pair your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you can disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Fort Lauderdale with a Vivint smart home
Increased command over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (954) 287-0437 or send in the form below.