Daily deliveries have become standard for countless homeowners due to the emergence of online shopping. You love the benefit of having items delivered at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels on your doorstep are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a significant problem, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are great tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they provide a lot more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Fort Lauderdale video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to advance. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, talk to people in front of your door, and get immediate alerts whenever a package is delivered.
The simplest way to find out how a Fort Lauderdale video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous advantages it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging theft with warnings that can be seen and heard. This is an effective way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of people on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid footage at any hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the use of using a doorbell camera? Top models will give you amazing night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is delivered? You are able to receive automatic notifications from video doorbells capable of differentiating between people and deliveries.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is someone lingering at your main entry? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to ask their purpose for being there. You can even utilize this beneficial feature to scare off people loitering around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will let you reduce false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the chance to access live and saved video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can access them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s occurring, and even allow you to communicate with the person at your door. They’ve become must-haves in terms of security and convenience.